Report car accident in Vilas County $5,000 in damages (injury, property, lost wages)? Lawyer up before calling insurance.

Per Wisconsin Statute 346.70(1), Under Wisconsin Law a car accident must be reported if:

  • There is an injury of a person OR
  • $1,000 or more damage to any vehicle involved OR
  • Damage of $200 or more to state or other government-owned property other than a vehicle

We'll get an accident investigator to the scene ASAP. You will pay no legal fees UNTIL you win. A car accident lawyer can help you figure out who will pay for your injuries, even in a hit and run accidentComplete the official Wisconsin Department of Transportation accident form online.

6 WI Car Accident Laws that Impact your claim

Vilas County is served by the Vilas County Sheriff Department:

Vilas County Sheriff Department
330 Court St, Eagle River WI 54521
Vilas County Sheriff Department: (715) 479-4441

Vilas County car accident reporting:

Call: 800-472-7290

When people choose their Wisconsin personal injury lawyer based on the endorsement of a football player or actor, they risk choosing an attorney who has never won more money in a courtroom. Settlement mills forward your paperwork and take a cut of your damages. Hundreds of times we have prepared cases like yours beyond the brink of trial. Facing unlimited liability AND an expensive jury trial, insurance companies fess up what your case is worth. They HATE when you choose Warshafsky.

What must I do if I am involved in a car accident?

Wisconsin law requires any driver involved in an accident to stop at the scene, render reasonable assistance to anyone who may need it, report the accident to police, and remain at the scene until emergency help arrives.

Do I have to report a car accident in Wisconsin?

Wisconsin law requires any witness of a car accident that results in any of the following circumstances: injury or death is involved, there is $1000 in personal property damage or $200 in government property damage, a vehicle is towed, or wildlife has been killed or injured.

How do I know if I need a lawyer?

Call a lawyer right away if you have serious injuries, were a victim of a hit and run, were struck by a drunk or distracted driver, or were hit on a motorcycle or bike.