Report car accident on I-94 in Waukesha $5,000 in damages (injury, property, lost wages)? Lawyer up before calling insurance.

Per Wisconsin Statute 346.70(1), Under Wisconsin Law a car accident must be reported if:

  • There is an injury of a person OR
  • $1,000 or more damage to any vehicle involved OR
  • Damage of $200 or more to state or other government-owned property other than a vehicle

Warshafsky Law will get a car accident lawyer to the scene of your accident to document critical evidence, then we’ll get to work identifying all those who can be held liable for your injuries—even if it was a hit and run accident. Complete the official Wisconsin Department of Transportation accident form online.

6 WI Car Accident Laws that Impact your claim

Waukesha I-94 Accident Reporting

  1. Waukesha Police Department: (262) 524-3831
  2. Wisconsin State Patrol, Waukesha: (262) 785-4700 (for accidents in Waukesha County) 

Information you need to complete your crash report:

  • Driver’s license number
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Social Security number
  • Vehicle insurance information

Injured? it is about the money®

What must I do if I am involved in a car accident?

Wisconsin law requires any driver involved in an accident to stop at the scene, render reasonable assistance to anyone who may need it, report the accident to police, and remain at the scene until emergency help arrives.

Do I have to report a car accident in Wisconsin?

Wisconsin law requires any witness of a car accident that results in any of the following circumstances: injury or death is involved, there is $1000 in personal property damage or $200 in government property damage, a vehicle is towed, or wildlife has been killed or injured.

How do I know if I need a lawyer?

Call a lawyer right away if you have serious injuries, were a victim of a hit and run, were struck by a drunk or distracted driver, or were hit on a motorcycle or bike.