Your Car Accident May Justify Seeking Punitive Damages
INJURED? IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY.®
When people choose their personal injury lawyer based on the endorsement of a football player or actor, they risk choosing an attorney who has never won more money in a courtroom. Settlement mills forward your paperwork and take a cut of your damages.
Hundreds of times we have prepared cases like yours beyond the brink of trial. Facing unlimited liability AND an expensive jury trial, insurance companies fess up what your case is worth. They HATE when you choose Warshafsky. Insurance companies know: it IS about the money.
Under Certain Circumstance, You May Receive Additional Settlement Money
If you’ve been the victim of a car accident as a result of gross negligence or even malicious intent, you may be eligible to receive punitive damages. The intent of punitive damages is to punish or deter the defendant from future misconduct. Typically these damages are awarded at a court’s discretion.
When Can Punitive Damages Be Awarded?
Often punitive damages will not be awarded during an ordinary personal injury case. To be eligible for punitive damages the offender must be engaging in behavior that they know or should know is reckless and dangerous.
For example heavily intoxicated drivers, drivers that knows their vehicle poses a risk to others on the road, or drivers that engage in behavior that is obviously dangerous to themselves or others would all likely be reason to seek punitive damages.INJURED? TAKE ACTION
Warshafsky Always Maximizes Our Client’s Settlements
We always do everything we can to make sure our clients are fairly compensated for their expenses and financial needs following a car accident. We prepare every case we take to go to court if necessary and we don’t back down until we are satisfied with the offer.
If you are eligible to receive punitive damages, we will pursue them until you not only have enough compensation to cover your expenses, but to also ensure that nobody ever goes through what you’ve been through again.
Warshafsky Helps Victims Seek Damages To Become Whole Again
Car accident injuries go beyond mere broken bones and cuts. Sometimes a wreck affects victims in visible ways through loss of mobility and physical handicaps, but sometimes the pain is more difficult to see. PTSD, loss of consortium and emotional damage are all scars that hide under the surface. No matter how your car crash has affected your life, Warshafsky can help you get compensation. It IS about the money.
- Medical care (including hospital stay, medications, physical therapy, and any other medical expenses)
- Lost Wages (including loss of income and loss of earning capacity)
- Property damage (for repair or replacement of your car and its contents)
- Pain and suffering (pain and discomfort during, immediately after, and ongoing long-term as a result of the accident)
- Emotional distress (sleep loss, fear, anxiety—sometimes falls under pain and suffering)
- Loss of enjoyment (inability to enjoy certain hobbies and other activities)
- Loss of consortium (damage to your relationship with your spouse because of their injury)
- Punitive damages (basically to punish the negligent party for their reckless conduct)