Milwaukee Personal Injury Lawsuits Frequently Asked Questions

What must I do if I am involved in a car accident?

Wisconsin law requires any driver involved in an accident to stop at the scene, render reasonable assistance to anyone who may need it, report the accident to police, and remain at the scene until emergency help arrives.

Do I have to report a car accident in Wisconsin?

Wisconsin law requires any witness of a car accident that results in any of the following circumstances: injury or death is involved, there is $1000 in personal property damage or $200 in government property damage, a vehicle is towed, or wildlife has been killed or injured.

How do I know if I need a lawyer?

Call a lawyer right away if you have serious injuries, were a victim of a hit and run, were struck by a drunk or distracted driver, or were hit on a motorcycle or bike.