"This is the place, and these are the people."

I want to thank Warshafsky Law Firm for everything that they have done for me and my daughter. Specifically, Victor C. Harding and Sue M. Soczka. I can't express enough how grateful I am for all of their hard work and dedication. From the beginning to the end, they took control of everything needed ...

Read More
Tyler P

Daycare insurance policies and premises liability

The daycare facility you take your child to has premises liability insurance to cover accidents. Premises liability covers accidents happening on the property, including accidents on the playground and in the parking lot. We need to be able to prove the injury was caused by culpable negligence or intentionally inflicted. Warshafsky finds all the relevant details to prove your child was criminally injured or abused.

Daycare insurance coverages include:

  • Professional liability/errors and omissions (for negligent supervision)
  • Hundreds of thousands of dollars in Child Abuse coverage
  • Defenses for administrative hearings related to allegations of child abuse
  • Volunteers can be covered for abuse and negligence
  • Coverage for negligent or criminal medication dispensing
  • Coverage for negligent or criminal food preparation
  • Auto transportation coverage for non-owned auto liability

Regulated child care - what is it and why it matters

Under Wisconsin law, there are three classifications of daycare providers: Unregulated, Certified, and Licensed. Regulated child care facilities are preferable because they are required to conduct background checks of employees, have regular inspections, and comply with investigations. The 4 types of regulated child care are:

  • Certified Care (3 or fewer children under the age of 7)
  • Licensed Family Child Care (up to 8 children under the age of 7)
  • Licensed Group Child Care (9 or more children under age 7)
  • Day Camp (seasonal programs for 4 or more children ages 3 and up)
Milwaukee personal injury attorneys for daycare abuse

Milwaukee Personal Injury Lawsuits Frequently Asked Questions

Should I hire a personal injury lawyer for my daycare provider abusing my child?

Yes. Hiring a personal injury lawyer will allow for a full legal team including a licensed investigator and an attorney with a M.D. to help you receive maximum compensation for your child’s injuries.

How do I report daycare abuse in Wisconsin?

Emergency? Call 911. Non-Emergency? Make a report with the Bureau of Early Care Regulation Regional Licensing Office, 262-446-7800. If there are injuries involved, contact Warshafsky Law at 414-276-4970.

Can I sue a daycare for hitting my child?

Yes, you can sue a daycare for hitting your child. A civil claim against the daycare can result in compensation for any related losses. These losses can include: - Pain and suffering - Cost of alternative child care - Cost of therapy or counseling - Compensation for lost wages - Medical bills

Who will pay for my child’s medical bills?

If your child got injured while at daycare and resulted in medical treatment, submit them to your health insurance until the case is resolved. Keep every bill. If the daycare is found to be guilty, contact a personal injury lawyer to help build the best care to get the maximum settlement for your case.

Can I sue the daycare for negligence in Wisconsin?

Yes, you can sue daycare for negligence in Wisconsin. There are two kinds of cases for the negligent supervision of children: 1. Your child was hurt because of the inattention of a caregiver 2. You, your child, or your property was injured when another person failed to supervise a child Common examples of negligent supervision of children include: - Injuries at daycare - Failure to protect children from the dangers of traffic - A child ingesting toxic chemicals - A violent child injures another child after a daycare fails to supervise the children.

Wisconsin daycare injury settlement amounts

View All Settlements